Monday, August 27, 2018

Book Review - Maha Vishnu Trilogy: Part I: The Code of Manavas

"The Code of Manavas" was on my wishlist for almost 3 months and by the time I decided to go for it, I found the book was off-the-shelf. I directly inquired author (Arpit Bakshi) for the same, he told me there was a good reason behind out of stock situation. Actually, the efforts and brilliance of Arpit's work were able to catch notice of well-known publishers. His book was going to be published by them and Arpit had promised me that he would get back once it would be out. Almost after a year, I got July release mail from Rupa publications and I found the book in the list. I instantly inquired Arpit for the same. He confirmed it. The new look of the cover was even more interesting than the previous one. So how could I not go for the book this time? In short, I got my hands on this book after a wait of almost 1 and a half year, so I took the book almost immediately.


Book Blurb
"The earth and the human race as we knew it have ceased to exist.
Bhoomidium, discovered by Krishna, healed the unstable core of Bhoomi during the last apocalypse. It has transformed Man to Manavas and Kali-Yug into Swarnim-Yug.
The year is 2050.2.0000001 and the Manavas are divided into two states, Madhavpur and Ayudhpur.
Krishna sees another apocalypse around the corner and he has a way out – an alternate universe, which can be reached by travelling through Omechta realm.
Can he save his race this time?"
So far I have discussed only my fanatics about the book. So let me give a basic plot of the book. In the year 2050, the earth we know got into oblivion kind of situation. I would say a Pralay. Only a few thousand humans survived. They called themselves as Manavas and they took an oath to follow codes of Manavas. These Manavas were able to defeat aging. They survived million years (same guys not their progeny). But change is always constant in nature. After a million years they are at the edge of next possible Pralay. Krishna is the only ray of hope for the citizen of Madhavpur (one of the two cities exists). Same Krishna saved Manavas and made them practically immortal during last Pralay. The savior Krishna himself was in dilemma and having many questions on top of extinction threat. They were being attacked by some unknown party discretely. Krishna wanted to solve both mysteries, he ventured into a restricted area with an adventurous lady. Read the book to know more. Sorry, Arpit if you think I have shared much but I think no spoilers were touched here.

Let's start with good points
  1. To the point narration - Straight narration style. No words out of place. Every event, character, scene is relevant to the story. 
  2. Easy to follow language usage.
  3. Amalgamation of high-fi sci-fi topics with spirituality
  4. Awesome cover art
  5. The naming of characters - Found it unique and relevant to the storyline
  6. On top of all, kudos to the author's imagination
Coming to point of improvements
  • The good point (narration style) is also accountable for too plain narration. It is super-duper fast once any event occurred and normal once things are normal. Maybe people like the reverse. I like to read more about those special events.
  • Though the story has twist and turns. The author has started two-three such incidents which have garnered a good amount of eagerness. But it was not able to satisfy my interest after reading. For example entry to another city, invasion of intruders. I would not have mind reading 50-100 pages more if he has elaborated further because I didn't find a single boring page in the book. 
Don't worry, the book is still wonderful even after giving improvement points. Ratings
  1. Cover - 5/5
  2. Characters - 4/5
  3. Concept - 5/5
  4. Content - 3/5
  5. Overall - 4/5
The book can be found at Amazon and Flipkart
Reviews from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive