Sunday, September 9, 2018

Book Review - 54 Reasons Why Parents Suck! and Phew Swati & Swaraa Lodha

Actually, we select our set of review copies on our own. "54 Reasons Why Parents Suck! and Phew" by Dr. Swati Lodha and Swaraa Lodha was selected by Vishnu. But when I checked his book received the post on Instagram, I pinged him to give me chance to review the book. Though he wanted to read it himself, he gave it to me.


Book Blurb
The book is a tongue in cheek take on things parents should and should not do. It talks about various beliefs, behaviour and biases held by most parents that make them annoying and difficult. So, all you parents out there—be a good sport, pick up this book and see for yourself the heart of a teenager. 54 Reasons Why Parents Suck and Phew! will leave you with one big reason to understand your child, all over again.
Coming to my review part, I picked up this book because of its really interesting title "54 Reasons Why Parents Suck". I am a millennial, and my views about everything differ from my parent's view; which creates a hell lot of conflict between us. And I thought it's the story of every millennial so it was obvious for me to pick up this book. I found that the book can give good insights to both the party.

The book is really well written with day to day examples. It covers topics like
  • What children try to say to parents
  • Things parents sometimes don't understand about a modern generation
  • How parents try to be cool but end up embarrassing the child
What I really found interesting was that the book was written by a mother-daughter duo. So it is obvious that you will get inputs from both sides. You will get both of their views. It also narrates the dos and donts for parents as well as a child.

I recommend this book to every teenager and every parent trying to figure out what goes wrong and why.

Ratings
  1. Cover : - 3/5
  2. Content : - 3.5/5
  3. Character : -3/5
  4. Concept : - 3.5/5
  5. Overall : - 3.5/5
The book can be found at Amazon and Flipkart
Reviews from other readers can be found at GoodReads

1 comment:

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive