Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Book Review - Victims for Sale by Nish Amarnath

If I feel that chasing mythologies or romance is too much for time being, I take refuge in crime thrillers. Recently I had read too many mythologies and wanted to change the pattern. That is when Vandana from Vinfluencers recommended,  "Victims for Sale". The title was interesting and I found the cover scary enough to boost my enthusiasm. The book reached my hands within 3 days and here I am to share my thoughts about the book.


You might read the title twice as I have done. Yes, it is correct, the title indeed is  ‘Victims for Sale’! And if you give it a second thought, you may realize what the title refers to. It probably has something to do with exploitation. The protagonist of our story is Sandy, an Indian girl from a protective family, who wanted to pursue higher studies in London. Her family reluctantly agreed on the condition that she stayed in London with a protective family. Sandy selected the place of Sawant's. When she moved into the house, she started getting creepy feelings. Events that unveiled thereafter were far more sinister than she could have ever bargained for! She found the Sawants were in some way associated with human trafficking. And she just could not go out and declare to the world about the clandestine incidents that were going on. She used her courage and wits to resolve issues that could make a huge difference to vulnerable women and children. Read the book to know more.

Coming to the author’s writing style, I found the pace medium. The author has taken the time to develop characters. Similarly, thrill and suspense also emerged as the story progressed. I like the way the author has avoided mainstream action.  Sandy has been shown as a human with her own weaknesses when it comes to fighting. It is only by using her intelligence combined with an element of luck that she could work resolve the complex issues that are brought out in the book.  One complaint I have is about the way the author has rushed the climax. 

I would give 3.5 out of 5 stars to the book.

Book links - Goodreads, Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive