Monday, April 26, 2021

Teaching a Horse to Sing: Tales of Uncommon Sense from India and Elsewhereb by Delshad Karanjia

I selected Teaching a Horse to Sing: Tales of Uncommon Sense from India and Elsewhereb by Delshad Karanjia due to the following reasons

1. Attractive cover design and hardcover format

2. Collection of witty and wisdom-filled short stories

3. Recollection of stories of Mulla Naseeruddin & Birbal

4. Introducing these wonderful characters to my kid.

Teaching a Horse to Sing: Tales of Uncommon Sense from India and Elsewhereb by Delshad Karanjia

I finished the book in few sittings. Though short and sweet stories can be finished within 3 sitting with ease. 

The book is divided into three segments: Mulla Naseeruddin, Akbar & Birbal, mixed section. In the last mixed section, you will find stories from multiple cultures, countries, mythologies. There are 150 stories, each story is a page long except a few which were also 1-3 pages long. The stories deliver different messages or learnings to us. My personal best is the first story of 3rd section covering emotions-related stories. 

Lot of learnings, happy moments, and smiles were delivered to me by this book. I know my kid is not mature enough to understand all witty jokes (especially covered in the Mulla Naseeruddin section) but I can read this book to him once a year.

A must-buy, must-have, and recommended read.

I will give 4.5 or 5 to this book.

Book links - Amazon & Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive