Saturday, April 22, 2017

Book Review - Exposure by Simron Gill

When I checked this book cover, title, and blurb; I got a completely different impression. Frankly speaking, it is true "Never judge the book by its cover". "Exposure" is a mixture of Sci-fi, Fantasy & Dystopian genre by Simron Gill.


Book blurb
"I guess I don't really understand why I am writing this; but, I feel that if I don't I might just lose whatever hope I have left - and then I will truly lose myself!"The world is being destroyed, people are being slaughtered on the street, and newly abandoned Sarah has to fight if she wants to survive. But after being abandoned by her family can she really accept the help of a new one, and if she doesn't then will she be able to live through the fight?
Exposure is the story of Sarah, who had spent all her life on the Earth with her family. But one fine day, an unknown species called Gymps attacked earth and started killing people. Gymps raided Sarah's house and to Sarah's surprise, all his family members abandoned her to survive on her own. Sarah survived 4 months 10 days on her own, but then she met James who claimed himself as another species alpha. Alpha had special powers and they lived on Earth only but on clouds. From James, Sarah came to know that she had another family on the cloud. She went to cloud with James and learned much shocking truth.

Things that I liked about book
  • Author's imagination about alpha or cloud people's world
  • Deep psychological thought process of four main characters Sarah, Her mother, James & Kai
Things that author missed to give explanation
  • The time lapse between Alpha & Human. I found multiple instances where characters mentioned being friend with the known figure from the past (as far as Cleopatra). 
  • Sarah checked documents of all people killed by Gymps in multiple universes, each person has an individual paper copy. Can you imagine how big that room could be just for people of earth with 7 billion people? 
Well, considering age group for which book was written one can ignore those flaws. Consider it as a light read for the young generation.

Talking about ratings:
  1. Cover: 3 / 5 (Not able to gauge what book is about)
  2. Storyline: 3.5 / 5 (Fast paced)
  3. Characters:4 / 5
  4. Concept: 4 / 5 (Something new)
  5. Overall: 3.25 / 5
Book can be found at Amazon UK, Amazon US & Amazon India
Reviews from other readers can be found at Goodreads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive