Tuesday, July 5, 2016

આખેટ - 1 (Aakhet) by Ashwini Bhatt

If I am asked to translate one book from Gujarati literature to English, I will recommend Aakhet - આખેટ by Ashwini Bhatt for sure.




It took me more than a year to start this book after my wife recommended it to me. I was reluctant to start this book due to font format. Small size font and less than 1:1 line spacing makes this book longer than what is looks like. 452 pages of book will be more than 800 if it is reprinted using normal book standard. Well I didn't regret after starting this book. Each and every page was worth reading.

If I talk about writing style, Ashwini Bhatt has detailed almost each and every major, minor and side character of the story. He had even detailed most of the locations which can help reader visualize it to last point. 

Coming to story, author has narrated 3-4 interrelated stories in this volume. Each story is full of thrill and twist-turns. Starting from background of Vasant Gaonkar and his dark background; to his rebirth and adventure as pirate and businessman; to Jagjitsingh Hara's freedom fights, to Gulshan Rai's struggle in police department to blackmailer; to love story shaping between Shemal and Urja; each story was sure-shot page turner.

If I talk about rating
  1. Cover - 2.5 / 5 (Though hardcover but looks boring)
  2. Concept - 5 / 5
  3. Content - 5 / 5
  4. Language - 4.5 / 5
  5. Story Line - 5 / 5
  6. Characters - 5 / 5
  7. Overall - 5 / 5
Book can be found at Amazon & Flipkart
Review from other readers can be found at - GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive