Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Ten Sheep to Sleep - A Picture Book by Nidhi Kamra

"Ten Sheep To Sleep" is my second full review in Kid's (below 7) category. Nidhi has sent me this book a few weeks back and I read it in 5 minutes. But due to my heavy schedule, I didn't get time to write the review at that time. Book deserves a decent review and though I finished reading in 5 minutes I have invested 60 minutes for writing this review.


Book Blurb
Sammy Jo counts ten sheep to put her to sleep, but tonight, ten more sheep appear. The new sheep are creating a ruckus. Sammy Jo has to find a way to calm the sheep down, count twenty sheep, and ensure everyone is happy so they can get a good night's sleep.
Suggested age range for readers: 5-8
The story of the book is simple and it is given in blurb already. So there is no point of discussing it. I would like to point out following things that I like about book
  • Artwork - Well its children book so it is necessary. Artist has given proper importance to that part very well.
  • Girls Observation Ability - Well as a kid, Sammy observed quite well what her family members' likes and dislikes
  • Creativity in showing how she had solved problem of extra ten sheeps
Learning in kids book is the main concern of parents while choosing the book for their kids. They usually prefer giving a book which helps kids learn good things. Here the author has shown how a small girl was able to tackle her own imagination problem with her decision power.

I would like to get a hardcopy of the book for sure. Talking about ratings
  1. Cover - 4/5
  2. Title - 3.5/5
  3. Content - 3.5/5
  4. Characters - 4/5
  5. Overall - 3.75/5
P.S. - Don't judge these ratings with other books. In kids' book, you get very less space to convey multiple aspects.

Book can be found at - Amazon India and Amazon.Com
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive