Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Mystery Thriller- The Celeritas File by Ishan Majumdar

The Celeritas File by Ishan Majumdar is a book that I could call "a damn good thriller". I fall into the category of readers who don't like thriller much, but this book is clearly an exception for me. While reading the book I literally felt being there experiencing all the events in front of my eyes. And that experience was mind-boggling. This book held me from the first page to the last page. I have completed this book in merely two days in 3-4 sittings.


Book Blurb
Experience the story of Shaina Desai, who finds herself in the middle of a sinister plot to steal her prized invention, which happens to be the principal subject of valuation for a multi-million dollar cross-border investment in what could be termed as one of the most brutal attempts at intellectual property theft in the history of corporate India.
Will she be forced to give up her dream to save her son’s life? Or will she lose him to the ruthless kidnappers?
A tale of professional pride and the heart-breaking choices forced upon the individual, of love and betrayal, and the dark games ruthlessly played in the corporate world, under the veneer of professional ethics.
The story started with four friends Ravi, Nandini, Aaman and, Shaina with her son Rajiv meeting at the nightclub. They all worked at an electronic technology firm, Bilksem technologies. The party ended with the murder of Ravi and kidnapping of Rajiv. The reason for the murder and kidnapping was an impossible invention in the field of technology by Bilksem firm. The kidnappers wanted only one thing as ransom the invitation known as the Celeritas file. What are the twist and turns? And will Shaina save her son's life or the greatest invention?

I enjoyed this book throughout. What I didn't like was the amount of information dumped in the beginning, it would have been much better if that had developed with the story flow. Anyways, I enjoyed the suspense of the book. I also enjoyed the climax where antagonist explain how he had done all the things. His letter to Shaina was something that I didn't expect.

Last time I liked any thriller as much as the Celeritas file was Dan Brown's books, so if you are Dan Brown fan then you'll definitely love this book. It is the first book of Ishan and he has done paise worthy job. I am looking forward to reading his second book.

Talking about ratings
  1. Cover - 3.5/5 (Could be better)
  2. Title - 4/5
  3. Characters - 4/5
  4. Concept - 4/5
  5. Overall - 4/5
Book can be found at Amazon & Flipkart
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive