Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Meet Kumar Author of Earth to Centauri - Alien Hunt

Today we have Kumar with us to talk about next book in "Earth to Centauri" 


How did you conceptualize whole plot of this series? Would you like to share some special moments about how you come to this idea?
I actually started off with an idea only for the first book - how could first contact actually take place: the technological challenges. Once the first book was finished, the idea for the second started forming. You see, the book is based on a series of to and fro journeys - from Earth to Alpha Centauri. Each journey has a set of adventures built into it.
We would like to know whether you have taken any inspiration from series like Star Trek or Star Wars?
I would say yes. I am a huge Star Wars fan and a Trekkie. I have every movie and series with me. There are inspirations from those but yet I believe my stories are unique - building on technological challenges, human frailties and such. The characters are not super-humans, in fact, they have many self-doubts and grow along with the stories. There are also elements of drama and suspense. A number of sequences are inspired by current world events and how they would shape our future.
Looking at technicality or detailing of a futuristic world, it seems you must be tech geek yourself. So do you consider yourself nerd or geek?
These two words are often confused or used interchangeably. I personally think I am a geek - obsessed with science and science fiction!
Captain Anara hold a special place in your series. Would you like to share why you chose a women character as the main protagonist?
I and married and have two daughters - I believe my character is defined by the strength I see in them and what the future I imagine they will live in. Women will be the driving force behind humanities progress in the coming centuries.
What would like your series to be called "Earth To Centauri" or "Captain Anara" or "Antriksh"? 
I started off by calling the series - Captain Anara and Antariksh but as the story has progressed I am inclined to refer to it as Earth to Centauri.
Book can be found at Amazon
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive