Thursday, January 5, 2017

Meet Thriller Writer Heena Rathore - Author of Deceived

Another debut author with an amazing thriller is going to publish this February'17 is 'Deceived'. Heena Rathore Pardeshi the author of Deceived is a novelist, novel critic, as well as a book reviewer. She is also an ace social media strategist and an acclaimed YouTube Podcaster. An award-winning writer, she has won several NaNoWriMos and JuNoWriMos since 2014.


Heena also manages her own book club, RMFAO on Goodreads.com. A fan of crime-thrillers, apocalyptic fiction and slasher movies and series, she draws inspiration from the works of legendary writers such as Stephen King, Dean Koontz and Sidney Sheldon.

An introvert and free-thinker, Heena prefers neatness over chaos - in her fictional themes as well as in her real life. She has a special place for German Shephards and books in her heart.


Heena is twenty-five years old and lives in Pune, India with her beloved husband, Vishal – a successful entrepreneur, in a house full of books, music, and love. Heena passionately creates vivid fictional worlds; some to read and cherish, and some to live in.

Blurb of Deceived 
How well do you know your loved ones?A young girl struggling to cope with the murders of her mother and five-year-old brother.A journalist chasing the ghost of a potential serial killer.A thirteen-year-old girl who slaughtered her parents.And a revenge-driven psychopath who is about to destroy everyone’s life.After 9 years, a young writer is still coping with the brutal murders of her mother and five-year-old brother, as she moves into a house of horrors, unwittingly to start a new life with her lover. Will friends and family be able to redeem Ally out of the impending doom in time? Will her infallible love become the key to the destruction of her already fragile world? Will madness prevail over love; true love over revenge?Deceived is a gripping psychological thriller that mazes through the deepest, darkest emotions of human mind through the story of a vulnerable girl who treads in the mist of deception bred from a long unforgiven betrayal.
Lets try to know about Heena. Can you tell us about your academics?
I completed by schooling from CBSE board and then got admission in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering in Pune University immediately after completing my 12th Standard. I dropped out of my Engineering College in the 4th Semester when I realized that Engineering was not for me.After that I pursued 3D Animation and Filmmaking course and then started freelance content writing before settling as a full-time novelist.
You are a book critic. Please tell us about your passion as reader.
Being a novel critic, book reviewer and an avid reader, I read a lot. Probably around 9-10 books a month (sometimes more, sometimes less.) Some of my favorite authors are Stephen King, Sidney Sheldon, Jeffrey Archer, Gillian Flynn, George R.R. Martin and Nicholas Sparks.
When did you start writing? When did you decide to become a writer? 
I started writing in early 2014. I started with my book blog, which eventually turned into more than just a hobby and I started reviewing books professionally. I wanted to be a writer all my life, but I decided to become one in late 2014 when I was on a year-long break for deciding the right career path for myself.
What are your ambitions for your writing career? 
I am normally a very ambitious person, but when it comes to writing, my only ambition is to be able to write all my life and establish myself as a noteworthy thriller writer in India.
Is this your debut work? 
Yes, this is my debut novel. But I have written hundreds of blog posts, guest posts and have been interviewed and featured a number of times.
What genre are your books?
Crime, Thriller and Suspense.
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
My debut novel, Deceived, is a psychological thriller written in multiple POVs along with a sprinkling of journal entries by the main antagonist who is a psychopath. The story follows two different timelines. In this book, I’ve tried to give a glimpse inside the mind of a psychopath as I really feel that it is the one element that a lot of thrillers are missing on.
Give us an insight into your main character(s)
Deceived is written in multiple POVs along with a sprinkling of journal entries of the antagonist. The main POV character is Allison Stone. She is a 24-year-old writer who is coping with the murders of her mother and 5-year old brother that happened 9 years ago. Because of her past has a very complex personality that is difficult to fully comprehend and it makes her an unpredictable character. 
Where do the your ideas come from?
Ideas come from a place that cannot be defined. The only thing I can say is that they just come and hit me at the oddest times.
How much research did you do for this book?
There was a fair bit of research involved and I spent a good part of 2 months researching about psychopaths and sociopaths, their behavior and motivations and their thinking process.
What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
The hardest thing about this book was writing the journal entries of the antagonist. He is a mentally disturbed person and, at times, it proved to be extremely overwhelming to enter into his mind frame and write the entries from his POV.
What are you working on at the minute?
I’m working on my second novel, Sinister Town. It is a crime thriller with elements of horror. It is based on the concept of ritual and cult killings.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Write only if you have a story inside you. Write if you have a passion for sharing that story with the world and write only if you actually have the guts to sit down and write.A lot of people don’t realize it, but writing needs a certain level of self-discipline. And if you think writing can be done without any discipline, then you might be able to write for a while, but you’ll never be able to do it consistently for long.
Links for book readers 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive