Tuesday, November 3, 2020

The Warrior's Progeny (Heaven & Earth Series #2) by Jeny Heckman

 I was not aware of the auto approve concept on Netgalley. So when I was auto-approved by "Backlit PR", I was very happy. The book with which I got this approval was "The Warrior's Progeny" by Jeny Heckman. I was a bit skeptical while applying for the book because it is the second book in Heaven & Earth Series. But I was relieved of that tension once I started reading the book. Accept the initial 2-3 chapters, the book was somewhat independent. 

The usage of peacock feathers in cover design gave me the impression that there might be a reference to Indian God Krishna. However, the story is based on Greek Mythology. As I have already mentioned, this is a second book in the series, though it is part of the grander plan, the book is focused more on Colten, a football player, notoriously known for sleeping with his colleagues' wives, and Lilly, a single parent. Though their personalities were opposite, their attraction towards each other was as strong as magnetic opposites. Apart from mythology, this book covers a mature love story as well. Read the book to the know-how on a grander scheme Colten and Lilly would be helpful to ancient Gods.

Coming to writing style, Jeny has used easy-to-read and easy-to-comprehend language. I found no difficulties following the storyline of Lilly & Colten. I accept I faced difficulties while reading the first few chapters as they influence the first book. The tempo of the writing was high, so is the pace. You will hardly find a dull or boring page during the story. I enjoyed it. 

Overall I will give 3.75 out of 5.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers