Friday, January 29, 2021

The Wrath of the Hellfires - Vikramaditya Veergatha Finale by Shatrujeet Nath

Before I start the review, I would like to apologize not only to the author, Shatrujeet but also to the eager fans of the Vikramaditya Veergatha series for delaying my review. I know when I got the book, I had planned to finish it within a week. But due to some unforeseen reasons, it took me around 3 weeks to finish it and another week to complete the review of the book. For a regular person, my apologies look like a drama but only a true fan can understand my gesture. 

The Wrath of the Hellfires by Shatrujeet Nath


The last part ended with Vikramaditya cornered on multiple ends, his council of 9 was divided, his family was shattered, his city was almost crumpled, still the Samrat was strong-willed. He didn't budge on any duty. His unnerving loyalties to his subjects and his promise to omniscient gave him fruits in the finale. Read the book to know how multiple attacks on the city were handled by Vikrama & his counselors. The book brings us new characters some as allies and some as foes to the king. Read the book to know how Vikrama dealt with Devas, Asuras, Human (including his vessel kingdom as well as Huna & Saka), and finally Veshaada's Dagger.

I recommend reading previous books before taking this one. This book should not be read independently. Even I refreshed few things from previous parts. Coming to the storytelling as the finale, Shatrujeet has woven all loose threads in tight nodes to make a grand platform. They say even the smallest gesture of kindness can bring unexpected help to you, the same way the author has sprinkled multiple virtuous deeds of Vikrama over 4 parts which came back as a blessing. 

The writing style was as usual smooth and intriguing, and randomness in plot jumps always hooks you to the page. I can remember multiple instances where I was determined to read till a certain incident get finished, but due to jumps, by the time that indecent was concluded my mind was tracking another one. 

The usage of language is easy, and it can cater to a larger reading population. Though the plot demands multiple characters (more than 100 given in index only) I was able to track them through out the story. 

I feel that books should be translated into vernacular languages and also should be adapted for series. If I get time I will make a video on the series covering why it should be adapted. 

I am concluding my review with ratings of 5/5 and a tag of must-reads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers