Thursday, June 15, 2017

Meet Dr Sandeep Jatwa Author of Second Chance

Two weeks back we reviewed "Second Chance" by Dr Sandeep Jatwa. Today I got my first chance (🙂) to interview Sandeep.


Sandeep we welcome you to our blog and thank you for giving us the opportunity to have this conversation. Before we go to your book can you tell our readers about your background?
I went to Bright Star school in my hometown-- Dewas (M.P.). I was good in studies. I did my M.B.B.S. from M.G.M. Medical College, Indore and completed my MBBS in 2012. I was normal boy in school, not very naughty and mischievous and not introvert and silent. I talked to everyone. I never took part in singing competition because I knew and still know that I can't sing. Once we (I and my friends) did a play in school and we were winner in that. I enjoyed my school life very much, I had friends, we had endless topics to talk on. College life was good but most of time we had to study. I got some wonderful friends from college too (obviously they are doctors.)
Sandeep, can you tell us about your reading habits?
Yes, I read.  Sidney Sheldon's Masters of the Game, the story of Jamie MacGregor inspired me.  Talking about authors, Dan Brown, Sidney Sheldon, and Stephen King are authors who inspired me a lot.
Talking about writing, when did you start writing? When did you decide to become a writer?
I started writing in 2006. I wrote a novel when I was in First Year of my college. It is yet to be published. I don't know exactly when I decided to become a writer but when I was preparing for Pre-Medical test I read about "regeneration power" and I felt this (regeneration power) can a good story concept. (Regeneration power is power to regenerate lost body part. Most common example of this is tail of lizard. If a man has the power...) I wrote a story in a notebook. It was almost 80 pages of notebook. One day I saw my father watching a Hollywood movie and the main concept of the movie was regeneration power. Then I stopped writing and concentrated on my Pre-Medical test. When I was in Medical College stories began to pop up in my mind.  I wrote when I daydream story in my head. I had to write it down otherwise it would be spinning in my mind until I write it. And when it became a novel I felt to publish it.
What are your ambitions for your writing career? How do you manage time for writing?
I want to keep writing because it gives me satisfaction. I like the silence of night to write. It is slightly difficult for me to get time to write because I have to wake up early in the morning but I manage to write in night until 2 am (then I wake up  groggily in the morning). I don't get time in daytime to write because I treat patients in daytime.
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
You have to face your wrong deeds today or tomorrow. Life can be phenomenal if you understand what is life all about. It is story of a businessman who faces his wrong deeds and understands the life and his life changes for ever.
Give us an insight into your main character(s)
Shekhar Kapoor is a businessman who is insensitive, conceited, and arrogant. He never thinks what other feels for him and what changes his decisions make in other's life. But he is not happy. There is something lacking in his luxurious life. His dead mother or love?
Where did you get idea for this book?
I always feel human must think more about other, their feelings, their sorrow and happiness. I feel we are being insensitive. Feel for other makes your life full of love, and you feel awesome. I feel "blessings" never get wasted.
 How much research did you do for this book?
I read Garud Puran for the book and searched about Near Death Experience. 
Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Shekhar Kapoor. He is my favorite because he has courage to correct his mistakes, he has courage to face the people he has destroyed.
Who is your least favorite character and why?
I don't think a writer has a least favorite character in his book. Characters may be good or evil but they are his favorites. They are like kids he has nurtured himself.
What was the toughest thing about writing "Second Chance"?
When you get pleasure doing something, there is nothing hard. It was fun. I want to do it my whole life.
Do you have a trailer or do you intend to create one for your own book?


What are you working on at the minute?
I am working on my first novel.
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?rest
The novel  I am working on, is first book of a series.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
First write what you like the most, then re- write it, make it better and repeat the process until you feel satisfied. Then read some books on the basics of novel writing and again write your book then rewrite until you feel satisfied. 
Links for your book readers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive