Sunday, June 18, 2017

Meet The Writer of The Soulmates - Prerna Pujari

At last we got chance to talk to Prerna Pujari, author of "The Soulmates". We reviewed that book almost two months back. Those who missed review can check it here - Review link


Can you tell us about your life in school or college?
'Jack of all trades’ would be the best description of me when I was in school. Singer, dancer, badminton player, I was all, but average in studies. In college I was event management head and a gold medallist. I was liked and approached by many boys, and enjoyed attention of even lecturers in graduation. In the post graduation college, I was a hosteler and I have really enjoyed 'hostel specific’ things a lot. Far away from family, I made many friends and have seen life at its best. Those were the days that made me really strong, and made me learn many lessons too. Those were the best days of life.
Which author inspire you the most?
I read a lot. Nicholas Sparks, Danielle Steel, Chetan Bhagat, Durjoy Datta, Ravinder Singh, E L James, and many more. I read hindi writers also. All novels of Nicholas Sparks are close to my heart. “I too had a love story” by Ravinder Singh, was I think the best novel I have read of an Indian author.
When did you start writing and when did you decide to become a writer?
I first wrote poetry when I was almost fourteen. I decided to become writer in 2013, after my marriage.
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Want to establish my name in the list of good Indian writers, but I need to learn a lot for that. Want to reach  maximum number of readers possible.
How is your day structured to accommodate your writing?
No, no time actually. I just write whenever I get an urge. Sometimes I don't write for days. I have felt that I need calm mind to write. When I get into writing something I just write whenever and wherever I get time, even few minutes, I just can't come out of it…office, home, gardens, everywhere….in the midnight, mid day, sometimes for whole day…..no day structure for writing.
What genre are your books?
I have written many Hindi/Urdu/ English poetry. I also have a blog where I write poems www.prernapujari.blogspot.in After poetry I began writing short stories. I have written some very small stories on my Facebook page 'The Reader’s love’.  I even like writing my travel experiences as I have travelled a lot. Romance is generally what I write….love in all good and bad forms. I like writing about life. Most of my work is unpublished. I didn't desperately tried to publish it till date. I have written some articles on health and wellness, influenced by my professional skills, in a local newsletter 'Royal Harbinger’. 'The Soulmates’ is my debut novel.
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
It is about relation of a soul that knows no worldly boundaries. It is an off beat love story which does not need a happy ending like getting married and living happily ever after. It wants to say that sometimes our soul finds a friend in someone who is in no relation with you, but a bond of emotions is above everything else. It also touches feelings of motherhood and friendship.
Where did you get idea for this book and how much research did you do for it?
Most of the story is my real life. I haven't done research. I just wrote my heart out.
Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Arun. While writing I was always in love with this man who is displaying love in the purest form.
Who is your least favorite character and why?
Aakash. I was upset with him as he always used to hide his reality like engagement and marriage plans from Shreya. He betrayed.
What was the toughest thing about writing your latest book?
To express the feelings of Vinay. His character was of an inexpressive husband who does not express his affection for his wife much. I found it hard to express him.
Release date.
7th April, 2017
What are you working on at the minute?
I have written some short fiction after the release of this novel. I want some short stories of me to get a place in some good magazines. Apart from this I have made a sketch of what sort of novel should I write next. Idea is already ticking.
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
I actually want to write a series but before that I want people to know me as a writer.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Never quit writing just because it gets rejected by traditional publishers, or some magazines, or blogs. It is a part of your journey. Keep on writing...for yourself. And try to reach your audience by whatever means you can either it be a facebook page, your own blog, someone else’s blog, anything.
Links for your book readers

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive