Monday, May 13, 2019

Book Review - Deceptions of Tomorrow: Electrifying Tales of Science Fiction: Robots, Black Holes & Time Travel

I have recently joined FewGoodReads and before that, I followed their reviews for a long time. Kumar L was mentioned in multiple book posts in the past by Vishnu. His book series Captain Anara made me look for his other books. So when Vishnu offered me "Deceptions of Tomorrow: Electrifying Tales of Science Fiction: Robots, Black Holes & Time Travel" for the review, I simply grabbed the opportunity. Light in size and language it gave company to beginners like me.


Book Blurb
Human rights for robots! Time travel chaos! Black holes at the centre of our galaxy! These stories will entertain you, opening your mind to the possibilities of science and the future. 

As Artificial Intelligence evolve with time, will we face a robot revolution? If it becomes possible to travel through time, what will be the result? Will we be able to change the past? And, of course, black holes – those barely understood, never seen, immensely powerful entities – can we harness their power for good or evil? 
Understand Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics, and read stories about the impact of these laws on the society of the future. 
These laws aim to protect humans from robots. But what about the rights of the robots and other ‘Artificial Intelligence’ which humans will create in the future? Do they deserve, and should they be eligible for the same rights as humans? 
Till now I have read very few books. None of them was short stories collection. Longer books and multiple characters demand efforts from the reader and as I said earlier I am new so short stories gave me warm feelings, like they knew I need to take small steps at a time. I can read these stories without much stress, as each of them is independent. They say your first-time experience is always memorable. So was the case with me in short stories. This will book keep in mind for years to come.

Good points about the book
  • Very light read. Just 50-60 pages
  • Easy language usage
  • Good for beginners
I would give 3 out of 5 to Kumar

Book can be found at Amazon & Flipkart
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive