Friday, March 20, 2020

Book Review - Predators and Prey by Abhinav Agarwal


I saw the cover of "Predators and Prey" on the social post shared by Vineet Bajpai. The cover intrigued me and I decided to explore more. I saw the blurb and whatever few reviews that I can find on the net. The blurb and reviews were fascinating enough for me to go for this book. I didn't waste time when I received the copy. Good news for those who have Kindle unlimited account, the book is available on Kindle Unlimited. They should try (or I would say they must try) this book.


"Predators and prey" covers a multi-genre story. The main characters of the stories were Riya, Venkat, and Deva. Venkat was an NSA guy who you took out some data from NSA and fled to India. He knew what are the severities of his misdeeds, so he contacted his old college friend Riya who was working with a media giant company held by Neeraj. Now from there, started multiple twists. In the USA, NSA guys came to know about Venkat's data theft they wanted to take him out at any cost. The data that Venkat had contained the information that can bring the whole Indian subcontinent down. Neeraj wanted this data badly and so was Pakistan and China. Rathore the national security advisor got wind of this information and sent the Deva for the mission to secure data, Venkat and Riya. And from there starts a powerful mix of action, thriller, and suspense. Read the book to know more.

I am glad that I selected this book. This is the first time I have read such a wonderful woven and thoroughly thought of book by any Indian author. In the current digital age, what are the different ways through which government agencies or terrorist can gather information about different people different countries or different geographies is shown in the book? It is very difficult to run away from the system when mobiles, cameras, CCTVs, audio systems or even smart TVs are present at every nook and corner of the country. Read the book to know how they have survived. I would like to appreciate the efforts of the author to conceptualize this story. I may be exaggerating but such cases might be happening in and around the world about which we are not aware of.

I would like to give 5 out of 5 to this book. And say this is a must-read of this year.

Book Links - Goodreads & Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive