Monday, March 30, 2020

Book Review - World's Most Popular Short Stories by Maupassant, Anton Chekhov, Saki, O.Henry

Just before the lockdown, I have been gifted this wonderful book by one of my friends in the publishing industry. I am considering this as a gift because I have not been subscribed to it. And it turned out to be a wonderful present in these trying times of quarantine. "World's Most Popular Short Stories" by Srishti publishers is a collection of classic short stories that have accompanied me for two days in the quarantine period


The book covers short stories by four classical authors, each of these stories captures different human emotions. From each of these classic authors, 5-7 different stories have been selected and a total of 25 stories have been delivered to readers. The stories are as short as 5 to 20 pages long. Authors have been assigned a proper segment in the book, which starts with their short introduction followed by stories written by them.

My favorite stories are
  1. From Maupassant The diamond necklace
  2. From Anton Chekhov the beggar
  3. From O Henry the last leaf
  4. From Saki the saint and the goblin a bread and butter miss
Good points about the book
  • It captures human nature and its complexity with the simplest of word usage. I think that is why they are considered classics
  • The best part about the short stories are you me always keeps you if you don't like it
  • The best companion for your travel for vacation for me it was for a quarantine
My only complaint is a simple cover. It could have been better.

I will give 3.5 out of 5 to this book.

Book Links - Goodreads & Amazon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive