Wednesday, January 3, 2018

BookReview - Marketing By Adit Chouhan

I rarely review technical books. Last technical book that I reviewed was “Six Sigma – 6 Steps”. But the subtitle of this book "Tricks of the trade they won’t teach you at b-schools" caught my attention. I checked the blurb & instantly took the copy. I am glad I took this book as it gave me good insights. Being a data scientist many times we get sales & marketing data. This book has given different ways/matrix to look similar data.


For those who are looking for some text reference books like Kotler, this is a pure marketing implementations book. No BCG matrix, no rural-urban marketing is discussed in this book. It covers a day-to-day job of a marketer. What all he needs to do for a product/service/offer before the event, after the event & during the event. What kind of advertisement medium can a marketer use in what mix-match & when? What should be processed to select a vendor and how to decide working structure with them? I think 250 pages have touched most of the part of marketing profile.

Once again, not a reference book but good informative read to get an idea of marketing profile. Though the author could have used few more examples to keep it more interesting, I found it gripping enough & I think it can be referred to any serious reader or person with marketing interest.

Talking about rating
  1. Cover – 4/5
  2. Content – 3.5/5
  3. Concept – 3.5/6
  4. Overall – 3.5/5
Book can be found at Amazon & Flipkart
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive