Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Meet Kumar - Author of Interstellar Science Fiction Earth To Centauri

Today we have Kumar L. to discuss his book "Earth to Centauri: The First Journey". We will have a quick round of question & answers to know about the book.


Can you tell us about your schooling?
I am an engineering graduate. During school time, I was focused on studying and building my general knowledge
What are some day jobs you have held?
Have worked in various factories in production, QA and engineering
Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors? Which author inspire you the most?
I read two or three books at a time. My favorites are Robert Ludlum, Jeffrey Archer and JK Rowling
When did you start writing? 
In 2014 with short articles on management on Linkedin.
When did you decide to become a writer?
There was no deciding point. In 2017 I had been toying with an idea in my head of aliens raising earth children and I just went about developing the story in my head before I started writing it down.
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
To put down books which get the readers hooked and thirsty for more.
Do you have a special time to write?
I generally write late at night sitting in my favourite spot. I generally develop plot ideas throughout the day and write once or twice a week. Its all a bit unstructured I am afraid.
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about? 
The book is what I like to call realistic science fiction with a lot of explanations on technology. But its also a thriller in which secrets are revealed slowly. I have tried to make it simple to understand even for laymen.
A secretive signal is received on Earth in the year 2095 and thereby sparks a quest to reach the nearest star Alpha Centauri. The crew of spaceship Antariksh brave attacks to uncover the mystery and make an astounding discovery.
Give us an insight into your main characters.
The protagonist is Captain Anara – she’s risen from the ranks in the IAF and led many space missions before the voyage to Centauri. A complex character – firm and stubborn at times and then beset with self-doubt at others. Very human in her emotional state but very brave and every inch an explorer.
Commander Ryan – the provider of stability to the captain and the crew. Very intelligent yet emotionally balanced.  Loyal to the captain.
Major Rawat of the Indian Army – Strong, fearless yet pragmatic.  An astute tactician.
Where did you get idea for this book?
I am a science fiction fan and my favourite show is Star Trek. That forms the base for obsession. I toyed with the idea of putting some realism into science fiction and trying to write for masses with India firmly at the centre. There are too many shows, movies and books which are western centric. That’s where I thought of connecting realism with an India theme and the story took shape.
How much research did you do for this book?
Years I would guess but my back ground as an engineer meant that I was already familiar with many concepts of physics and could put them in my story. I believe my third book would require at least six months of basic research.
Who is your favorite character in your book and why? 
This would be Lt Manisha. She reminds me of a number of young engineers who have worked with me – passionate, smart and highly dedicated to making a mark in their field.
What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Editing and pace without a doubt. There are some many errors which creep in and sometimes the dialogues makes you go to sleep.
Do you have a trailer or do you intend to create one for your own book?

Your book release date. 
May 2017,
What are you working on at the minute?
Book 2 of the series – Alien Hunt and researching for book 3.
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
I believe each book must satisfy the reader on its own and yet leave a thread open to make them come back for the next one –the final hook so to say.
Links for your book readers
Book Link - Hindi Version & English Version
Review from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive