Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Book review - Kaalkoot by S. Venkatesh

Many of the book bloggers have praised "Kaalkoot" and I was fascinated by the readership that attracted it has attracted. Unfortunately, I was not able to get a review copy of the book. Well, we were not disappointed as we had our hands full of other books. Last month when we got Kindle Unlimited, we started with our longlist wishlist of books, Kaalkoot was in top position and we read it in the first month of our KU. Yes, it is not a review read but rather a choice read.


I am not sure which part of the plot should I give as any of them can be a spoiler. To give my reader crux, I can say that the Indian Intelligence force (anti-conspiracy group) came to know multiple underground warlords/dictators/ganglords were visited in India. So ACG asked one of their best resources, Damini, to chase the trail, she is one of the protagonists of the story. On another side somewhere in Kolkata, a professor received a call from a guy who just returned from Himalayan Trek. This professor along with his friend are looking for a long lost treasure (hidden by a mysterious person a few decades back). Multiple assassinations and kidnapping happened in a short time, which had brought another protagonist, Sam, whose girlfriend was also kidnapped. Will these two protagonists able to find out how things were linked? Check out the book to know more about what is Kaalkoot and a hidden secret.

The plot design is just great, starting from the first page to the last page I was in a rollercoaster of thrill, suspense & excitement. The tempo of the pace & excitement was not gone down even for a moment. I just gulped down the book in 3 days (I was damn busy in those 3 days still got time). If I had been traveling or got free time, I would have finished it in half a day. The language used is easy to follow and good for most of the age group. Linking of clues, plots & characters were fantastic. Though few bits here and there, it was a complete combo of delight. I recommend this book to every action/thriller reader. Timing in climax and results were somewhat ambiguous but I cannot discuss here.

Talking about ratings
  1. Cover - 4/5
  2. Concept - 3.5/5
  3. Character - 3.75/5
  4. Content - 4/5
  5. Overall - 3.75/5
Book links - Goodreads, Amazon & Flipkart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive