Friday, January 31, 2020

Book Review - Lipstick by Vish Dhamija

My teammate had reviewed "The Heist Artis" by Vish Dhamija. And he had recommended me to read Vish's work. Before the release of Lipstick, I have seen a feed that the series (Rita Ferreira) was soon gonna be adopted. So when Lipstick's picture came to my social feed I was very excited to read it. I know I had reservations because. I haven't read the first two books of the series Bhendi Bazaar & Doosra. But I have done many times in the past which did with this book and that was to go ahead of this one at least. Now after reading this, I am sure in the near future I will read the first two books as well.


Those who want to directly read this part, don't worry I have done it. And I found 90-95% content independent of previous installments. The only relation you may miss will be crew around Rita & their ongoing challenges which were discussed in previous parts. Crime is completely new. So just grab your chair and read this book.

Well, Lipstick is focused on a serial killer who left no trail of the crime except the red lipstick mark. Rita was called on the case when already their incidents happened. Rita and her team also found case tricky as finding clues was difficult. But every case has its own story so a job for Rita was to catch the killer before toll on innocent (or not) people's lives reached high. On the other hand, Killer got a good stage, I would stage. Those who have read serial killer books knew how important the role of the killer's background. The justification was visible in the book.

Good points
1) Suspense & thrill 
2) Easy language usage
3) Character buildup (I didn't feel that I was missing anything)
4) Medium length

Points of improvements
1) Pace - through the medium pace at places it became too slow
2) Gray conclusion of Killer's past
3) Some repeated conversation between investigators were slowing the pace

Still a nice read worth 3.5 out of 5.

Book links - GoodReadsAmazon & Flipkart

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive