Saturday, March 25, 2017

Meet Amisha Sethi Author of It Doesn't Hurt To Be Nice

Our regular readers must have read our review of "It doesn't hurt to be nice" by Amisha Sethi. Today we got chance to bring forwards Amisha's journey through her first book.


So Amisha, we heard you are a marketing honcho? Can you tell us about your professional background?
I am an Executive Scholar in Marketing and Sales from Kellogg School of Management, MBA in Marketing and a science graduate.
I have worked as National Marketing Manager at Airtel, Director of Brand Marketing Asia pacific at BlackBerry, Chief Commercial Office at AirAsia, and recently I am Vice President Global Marketing at Frrole Inc.
Apart from studies, what did you enjoyed during your school and college?
I was a lot into choreography, theater and all kinds of stage performances
Can you tell us what kind of books you like the most?
My all time favourite text is Yoga Vashishta, I love reading his teachings available in the ancient scriptures. Also, I am a huge fan of Upanishads.
When did you start writing?
I started to write 'It doesn't hurt to be nice' in the year 2013.
When did you decide to become a writer?
I was in Chennai working and at the same time was doing my own research in ancient scriptures. My own moment of glory inspired me write my first book.
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
I want to write books that have a larger purpose, the purpose is to spread love, niceness, and kindness around.
Do you have a special time to write, or how is your day structured to accommodate your writing?
I am a spontaneous writer and write when I feel like or when I want to pour my thoughts in some form.
Is this your debut work?
'It doesn't hurt to be nice' is indeed my debut book.
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
It is a book about a young girl who goes through various experiences in her life to realize the ultimate purpose which is to be a good human being with each passing day. It is an amalgam of fun, emotions, real life experiences and also certain life learnings in a light reading format.

Click here to get a change to win free copy

Give us an insight into your main character(s)
The main Character is "Kiara", she is a thirty something girl who has achieved a lot in her life but she is set to find the deeper and finer nuances of life and ultimately the most important thing which is the purpose of living this life that she is living.
Where did you get idea for this book?
My own experiences, research in ancient texts and my desire to take my learning to as many people as I can.
How much research did you do for this book?
Quite a bit for approx 2 to 3 years in all kinds of ancient scriptures like Vedas, Upanishads, Buddhist scripts, Kamasutra etc.
Who is your favourite character in your book and why?
Kiara is my favourite character, she is kind and fearless, and knows the importance of loving unconditionally.
What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Finding a good publisher who understands your purpose of writing the book and I am extremely happy that I found one.
Can we see trailer of your book?


Can you tell us how well you book excepted by market?
It has done extremely well and is a best seller.
What are you working on at the minute?
I am working on a book which is on "Loving unconditionally"
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
Well, I do have few thoughts on a science fiction. Let us see!!
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Be spontaneous and do feel while you write. Also if at all your writing can influence someone positively then that might be a brighter goal then sell through numbers.
Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Well, I would say whoever is reading this interview, love unconditionally (it is a rare ability), be kind and have a purpose to your living.
Links for your book readers
Click here to get a change to win free copy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive