Sunday, March 26, 2017

Meet Toffee - Author of Finding Juliet

We never leave opportunity to know author. Taufeeq Ahmed who writes with pen name 'Toffee" is with us today. 


Can you tell us about your educational & professional background?
I pursued Computer Science Engineering from Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad. After working with Dell International services for a few years, I am currently pursuing my Master’s in Business Analytics and Information Systems from the University of South Florida. 
I have worked as a Software Development analyst with Dell International Services as a day job while I was writing books in the night. 
What were you like at school/college apart from studies?
I was a topper in my school, but got spoiled after joining engineering. In college, I became this happy-go-lucky guy with zero worry about my future. I had a bunch of friends with whom I would hang out and waste a lot of time in useless pursuits. But it all changed in the final year when I started taking life a little seriously.  
Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors? Which author inspire you the most?
I really wish I had more time to read books as I feel that I don’t read as much as I should. My favourite authors are Malcolm Gladwell, Khaled Hosseini and Paulo Coelho. I like Khaled Hosseini’s books the most but I am inspired more by Malcolm Gladwell.
When did you start writing?
The only time I remember writing something (other than the answers to questions in exams) is an essay in an essay-writing competition in 6th standard. After that, I wrote my first book after finishing engineering.
When did you decide to become a writer?
After getting rejected by a girl a few years ago. 
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
I want to write books that are quite entertaining with subtle insights about life. 
Do you have a special time to write, or how is your day structured to accommodate your writing?
Yes, I write only during nights, usually from 10 PM – 4 AM. I finish all my works by 8 pm. Relax for an hour before having dinner and shut everything by 10 PM and focus completely on writing. 
Is this your debut work?
I have written two books till date – An Idiot, Placements and IntervYOU and Finding Juliet. Both are published full-length books. 
What genre are your books?
First book was a narrative non-fiction. The second one is a commercial fiction/Romance genre
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
My current book is about a nice guy turning into an irresistible flirt, about his journey as he tries to figure out women and discovers the meaning of love, lust and life.

Click on the link to participate in book giveaway https://goo.gl/vgk9Oe

Give us an insight into your main character(s)
There are three main characters in the book.
  1. Arjun – a boy next door who just wants to live a happy life with the one. But he doesn’t really get what he wants because he realizes that girls of his age friendzone nice guys and fall for jerks. He transforms into a flirt and gets girls. But is he really happy with what he has become? 
  2. Krish – A charming flirt who knows everything about the psychology of women and all nitty-gritties about wooing them. He is the one who changes Arjun completely. But why did he become a flirt?
  3. Anjali – A girl who is as sweet as an angel and as patient as a mother. He is Arjun’s best friend and confidante. She likes him a lot, but Arjun takes her for granted. What will happen to their friendship?
Where did you get idea for this book?
I got the idea for the book during a random conversation with friends about girls. 
How much research did you do for this book?
A LOT. (Caps intentional)
Who is your favorite character in your book and why? (If applicable)
My favourite character in the book is Krish. I wonder if I will be able to create another interesting character like him again. 
Who is your least favorite character and why? (If applicable)
I love all the characters in the book.
What was the most difficult thing about writing your latest book?
The hardest thing about writing any book is to keep it interesting so that the readers will stay hooked. Going by the reviews, I do think I have fairly succeeded in my attempt.
Release date. 
Dec 14, ,2016
Can you tell us response of your book?
There are more than 150 reviews on amazon and 75 reviews on goodreads. The book was at #14 in best sellers list in Indian writing. The book has got mixed reviews. It was liked more by youngsters and despised by adults. 
What are you working on at the minute?
I am working on an assignment that I need to submit tomorrow. Jokes apart, I am currently writing the story for my next book. 
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
Writing a series should come out naturally if the story of the book demands it. 
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
It may seem a silly advice but I would advise writers to maintain a journal and write every single day, at least for 15 minutes. 
Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Yes, I would like to thank your team for this interview. 
Links for your book readers
Click on the link to participate in book giveaway https://goo.gl/vgk9Oe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive