Thursday, November 22, 2018

Book Discussion with Khayaal Patel - Author of "Tarikshir"

"Tarikshir" was a unique multi-genre book that we read and reviewed before Diwali. Those who have missed the review of the book can check it here. Today we have the author of the same book - Khayaal Patel with us to discuss how he conceptualized this wonderful story.


Lets start with your school & college days. What were you like at school/college apart from studies?
I used to be a boring kid! Now I’m a boring kid pretending to be an adult.
What are some day jobs you have held?
Did a little bit of this and that; sold and marketed wine; earth moving equipment. Now I manage sales for the world’s No.1 Skincare brand.
Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors? Which author inspire you the most?
Unfortunately I don’t get to read as much as I’d like now, but some of my favorite authors are Rene Goscinny and Albert Uderzo and Herge. The stuff they created in their time was absolutely mind blowing and I think that got me hooked.
When did you decide to become a writer?
I used to read a lot when I was younger and I think the next inevitable step if you’re a reader is to create; you can choose to edit, blog, write…the possibilities are endless. I guess writing was on the cards for me.
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
Every single book I write and will write has only one purpose; to entertain. I always feel that if a reader closes a book feeling he/she has wasted their time, I have disrespected them and I don’t ever want to disrespect my reader.
How is your day structured to accommodate your writing?
Balancing writing and a full time career is harder than maintaining the Batman/Bruce Wayne personas. I wish I could devote more time to write but it always gets harder, life comes in the way. I try to write as and when I find time with vastly varying degrees of success.
Is this your debut work? If not so, what have you written?
I think the best and biggest fiction I have consistently written have been in my exam papers.
What genre are your books?
They are a mashup of sorts; Tarikshir is a historical, paranormal, mythological fantasy fiction with a dash of romance thrown in swaadanusar.


Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
Tarikshir is a murder mystery at the core. Then it’s got elements of history and mythology added in, with some classic adventure a’laPercy Jackson and Indiana Jones. I think it’s the first book in the world which mixes Ramayana with zombies. And If that’s the first time you have heard BOTH those words in the same sentence, you should pick up TARIKSHIR…you will love it, I promise!
Give us an insight into your main character.
Rudra Pratap Chauhan is the protagonist in the series. He’s in the fledging stage in the first book where he is forced to undertake the journey from boy to man through supernatural circumstances beyond his control. His arc will lead him from being a boy to man to a hero to a ….
What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Finding the time for it. :P
When was your book released?
20th August 2018
What are you working on at the minute?
It’s a romance novel which has a supernatural twist. Like my previous books, I hope it’s something fresh that  readers haven’t experienced before.
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
Already on it! Book 2 of Tarikshir has been written and I’ve plotted out Rudra’s arc throughout a series of 4 books. I’ve already written the last paragraph of the final novel and now it’s the journey to get Rudra there.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
A first draft doesn’t need to be perfect, it just needs to be written. Never stop writing.
Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?
Please pick up Tarikshir, if you haven’t already! Tell your friends on how awesome it is, and if you have any friends who hold positions of power at Netflix DEFINITELY tell them! That aside, if you haven’t, please do! You will love Tarikshir…I promise!
Links for your book readers


The book can be found at Amazon and Flipkart
Reviews from other readers can be found at GoodReads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive