Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Meet Ashish - Author of Man vs Wife

Recently we have read "Man vs Wife" and it was a really fun experience for us. We have Ashish with us to discuss how he became an author and conceptualized "Man vs Wife".


Can you please brief us about your educational background?
A mechanical engineer by qualification, a civil engineer by profession. I belong to the 2008 batch Indian Engineering Services.
What were you like at school/college apart from studies?
At school I was bookworm type but college life changed me.
What are some day jobs you have held?
I started my career as a designer at anstate-owned aerospace company, followed by civil servant at Ministry of Defence and now at Ministry of Water Resources.
Do you read much and if so who are your favorite authors? Which author inspire you the most?
So far, I’ve refrained from reading other writers. Reason being, I didn’t want my writing to get inspired from any of them. Of late, I’ve started reading writers like Dan Brown. But honestly, I’m yet to pick up.
When did you start writing?
During the journey of preparing for Civil Services Examination (IAS), I explored the writer within myself.
When did you decide to become a writer?
Once I stabilized in my professional career, I took turn to writingin order to destress myself.
What are your ambitions for your writing career?
A best seller. But don’t know the definition of ‘a bestseller’ yet!
Do you have a special time to write, or how is your day structured to accommodate your writing?
Being a public servant, my job requires me to travel a lot especially to the hinterlands. While travelling or sometimes on the weekends, I somehow steal some hours from my life to give writing a chance.
What genre are your books?
First book is young adult fiction, trying to write a short historical fiction right now.
Can you describe your current book in few lines? What’s it about?
An Early Warning ‘Guide’ for already married as well as those who are going to get hitched!

Give us an insight into your main character(s)
The story is about a young, impulsive IT professional Viral, who wants to divorce his wife Trisha. Having come across the draconian Indian laws highly biased in favor of his wife, he teams up with Anwar -- a middle-aged struggling lawyer willing to go to any extent for greed.
Where did you get idea for this book?
So far, most of the narratives in Indian market have remained focused on life before marriage. I wanted to write something unique. This novel borrows from my personal experiences of 9 years of married life preceded by four years of courtship, which of course none of the book in the market does. That’s why, it lies somewhere between a fiction and non-fiction categories. Though, at last, it’s better to be defined as a young adult fiction.
How much research did you do for this book?
My personal experiences, apart from a few real-life stories.
Who is your favorite character in your book and why?
Anwar, a lot of planning goes into developing this character.
Who is your least favorite character and why?
Every divorce lawyer, for breaking marriages.
What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?
Getting reviewers.
Do you have a trailer of your book?

Release date.
06 January 2019.
What are you working on at the minute?
A short historical fiction
What are your thoughts on writing a book series?
Don’t have such plans right now.
What advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Don’t mess up your life by thinking writing can get you daily bread except for occasional peanuts!
What is the best compliment you have received for your book so far?
5 star reviews- from three TOP AMAZON TOP 50 REVIEWERS, two AMAZON TOP 1000 REVIEWERS, two AMAZON TOP 1000 REVIEWERS
Links for your book readers


Those who have missed book's review can check/click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Like Us

Followers

Blog Archive